Tory Lanez Says His Felony Assault Charge 'Not a Conviction' - SolidRumor.com

Tory Lanez Says His Felony Assault Charge ‘Not a Conviction’

 Tory Lanez Says His Felony Assault Charge 'Not a Conviction'

Breaking News

Tory Lanez is defending himself publicly following his felony assault charge in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting … arguing he deserves his day in court.

The rapper broke his silence Friday morning after the L.A. County D.A.’s Office charged him Thursday with one count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and one count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

Tory’s responding by reminding fans the “charge is not a conviction.” He also posted emojis to say “time will tell” … and the “truth will come to the light.”

As we reported … The D.A. also alleged Tory inflicted great bodily injury, and if he’s convicted, the rapper/singer faces up to 22 years and 8 months in prison.

The charges came on the heels of Tory releasing an album on which he claims his innocence in multiple songs.

Prosecutors had been mulling over a charge of felony assault with a firearm against Tory after Megan said she was shot back in July.

Play video content TMZ.com

Previously, he’d only been arrested for possession of the firearm cops found in the SUV the night of the shooting.

With the new charges … prosecutors are straight-up pointing the finger at Tory as the man who pulled the trigger … leaving Meg with a gruesome foot injury.

Meg didn’t come out right away to point the finger at him but ultimately did by naming him as the person who shot her. She also wasn’t vague at all saying … “Yes, this n***a Tory shot me. You shot me, and you got your publicist and your people to these blogs lying and s**t, stop lying!”